Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How do you measure a year?


Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes!
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Journeys to plan.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure the life
Of a woman or a man?


When I thought back on this year, I first considered it to be pretty ordinary. As I went through my photos to share the highlights, I realized that it was, indeed, a very busy and fulfilling year. Here is how I filled my 365 days.

A dear friend, Jeff Smith, went on a study abroad. Our group got together and had a going away celebration for him.


St. Patrick’s Day. Green clothes, decorations, and food.


Festival of Colors.


Girls trip to St. George to celebrate graduating.


Surprising my relatives (who I hadn’t seen in YEARS) in Pennsylvania. My dad and I are so sneaky.


After living in Provo for 4 years, I hiked the Y.


Putting together costumes for the “Search Party.” Alyssa and I are part of Dog the Bounty Hunter’s Crew.


Building a fort. An item on my bucket list.


Scott’s vintage birthday party.


Stadium of Fire. I love America!



Having to get rescued while repelling.


Paul, a dear friend, moved away for med school. The last photo of our Apartment 9 group.


Going to St. George and watching “Tarzan” with Emily Lloyd.


Rodeo where Kristy and I got in touch with our inner cowgirl!


Participating in the World’s Largest Water Balloon Fight.


Celebrating Pioneer Day covered in foam.


Cabin trip where we rode the rhino, played games, and sat around a camp fire.


Tim McGraw concert. Sexy.


Started teaching 4th grade and 32 children.


IDAHO! Lava Hot Springs and jumping off the HIGH (30+) platform.


Becca’s triathlon, camping, and wave running at Lake Yuba.


Turning 23 and going into an ice cave in Idaho.


Moab: Going to Arches National Park and camping in a Ghost Town.


Halloween as a Punk and Jersey Shore guidette.



Visiting the Grand Canyon and Bryce Park.


Paint Party. Squirt guns filled with paint in a room full of black lights. Yes, please.


Fakesgiving. Yummy food and lots to be thankful for.


Thanksgiving with the family who moved to Utah.


Seeing the Nation’s Capitol and riding the Metro.


525,600 minutes spent with incredible people all over the U.S.
Thank you, 2010, for making this an unforgettable year.

3 comments:

  1. Wow your year makes my year sound so boring! ha ha. I still haven't hiked the Y!
    You're so awesome Anna! I'm so glad i
    got to see you last week. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am a very dull person compared to you. My blog makes me look crappy. At least I did one thing...which made it on your blog. So, by association, can I be considered cool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a FABULOUS post!! Seems like you had a pretty amazing year. What's super sad tho- I wasn't part of any of it!! Shows how lame my life is, I guess!!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete